Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's a Date!

We have a moving date!! If you've been reading this blog, you know that we were originally planning on moving at the end of July. Our friends even threw us a going away party on July 12th! Lately, they've been joking that they'll have to throw us another one. :) In other words...we've been waiting around for quite awhile now. I'll admit I haven't been quite as patient as I could've been. By the way, this is a photo from said going away party. Left to right, that's Ron, Shawn, Eric, and Mwila. :)
But early Tuesday morning, I got the phone call I've been waiting for. A lovely woman named Bea called to schedule our move. Within 15-20 minutes, I was given most of the information that we need! She did tell me to stop packing. (OK...if she insists!) The movers will actually pack for us, and she confirmed a little later in the morning that the movers will be here to finish the packing on Monday! Yep...this Monday coming up! And then they'll load up the truck on Tuesday and head out to Seattle! As I'm writing this, it's late on Tuesday night. That means that one week from right now...this apartment will be empty! The local moving company called me this afternoon to confirm our moving dates and final destination, and they also told me that they're sending someone over tomorrow morning (Wednesday) to do the site survey. Basically, this will let the company know how much junk we have to move. :)

My new friend Bea also put me in contact with a vehicle transportation company. We've decided to drive Shawn's car to Seattle, but his new company will pay to have my car shipped out. I'm not sure what date that will be happening (still waiting on a confirmation email), but sometime within the next week, my little Neon will be put on a truck and given a ride to Washington.

I'm a bit amazed at how quickly things moved once they got started! Now all we really have to figure out is which days next week Shawn will be here and when we're going to do the road trip (which I have to admit I'm looking forward to...we've never done a big road trip together, and I've never seen any of the country we'll be driving through!). Oh...and we still need to figure out what to do with our fish. :(

1 comment:

Bearess said...

Really? They'll pack for you? They told Bill it would cost extra for them to do that. Cool! Good luck with the fish. I wish I had some sort of clever suggestion. Is that white one still alive?