Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Apartment!

Yesterday, Shawn and I put down a deposit on a new apartment! It's the apartment that we actually chose quite awhile ago, but we've been waiting for all the paperwork to go through with Shawn's new job before we put any money down. It's definitely going to be a more expensive place to live than we're used to, but around here, I don't think we really had much of a choice.

The new place is close to Shawn's job, and it's across the street from a lake. The complex has a swimming pool, hot tub, and fitness center that we can use, which will be nice! Our apartment is a 2 bed/2 bath place, with about 1000 square feet of space! The kitchen is gigantic compared to what I've been living with for the last 2 years...so I guess this means I'll need to learn to cook! We also have a laundry room with a full size, side by side washer and dryer. I think it's a sign that I'm getting old when I get excited about having a full size washer and dryer! Our unit is on the top floor of the building, so no one is above us. It's also a corner unit, so we don't share any walls with other units, either, and we have extra windows for more natural light!! (And in this climate, I think we'll need all the natural light we can manage to get!)

In order to post pictures at this point, I'd have to post the link to the website, which also gives the address. In the interest of internet safety, pics will just have to wait until we move in and I can take them myself. Oh, and speaking of that...we'll be moving in on October 7th. Looks like we'll be staying in a hotel for at least a week or so, but that's not a big deal. And Shawn's new company will pay for it. :)

P.S.- If I actually know you and you're dying to see pictures of the complex, shoot me an email or a message on facebook and I'll send you the link to the complex website. :)

No comments: