Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our Tuesday

So once again, I find myself blogging from the computer in the hotel lobby. I must say, despite all the perks (maid service every day, hot breakfast, treadmill, pool, and hot tub), living in a hotel is not a whole lot of fun. It probably wouldn't be that bad if I were going to work every morning, like Shawn does, but for me, it's a lot like being at home, except that I have to leave the room for at least a few hours every day so that the maid can clean.

Yesterday was our first day here. Not a ton to report. I got up and took Shawn to work so that I could have the car during the day. That's almost always the way we do it. Once I got back to the hotel, I had breakfast and checked email. I used the treadmill. Shawn was impressed when I explained that I did a 2 minute run/1 minute walk pattern for most of my time. I started later than I intended to, so I only went 2 1/2 miles, but that means that I actually did more running than walking!

I picked up Shawn for lunch, and then I spent a couple hours in the afternoon sitting in a park, reading. Yesterday was definitely the nicest day I've seen here in all the times I've visited. It was actually sunny all day! And even though it was only in the upper 60s or low 70s, I actually got hot sitting in the sun. After my afternoon in the park, I picked up Shawn again and took him to get drug tested for his new job. I warned him not to eat any poppy seed bagels that morning. :)

Last night, I drove with Shawn to West Seattle for his rugby practice. It's a nice part of town I hadn't seen before. And driving down I-5, I had a great view of Mt. Rainier, which is normally obscured by clouds.

1 comment:

Bearess said...

And your sentiments are exactly why I think Leanne should be *sainted* for spending two weeks with three kids in a hotel room!!