Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dolli and Ken

I think it's been awhile since I've talked about my knottie/nestie friends on this blog. So as a reminder...there are a number of women who I consider to be good friends of mine, and yet I've only actually met a handful of them. I "met" all of them originally through theknot.com, where we would chat via message boards as we were planning our weddings in 2007. In fact, all of these ladies were married in the same month as Shawn and I...December of 2007.
If you have been reading this blog for awhile, you may remember my friend Jill. She was one of my nestie friends, and she lost her fight with cancer in September.

Another one of my nestie friends is Dolli. She's seriously one of the sweetest people I've ever met...even though I've technically never "met" her. She married Ken the week after Shawn and I married. Although Dolli never really made a big deal out of it, we all knew that Ken had been diagnosed with colon cancer sometime before their wedding...I believe it was before they were engaged.

Sadly, we learned that Ken lost his battle with cancer on Monday morning. I believe he was in his early 30's. My heart is just breaking for Dolli; I can't imagine what she must be going through right now. The funeral is being held on Friday, so please keep Dolli and their friends and family in your prayers.

Yeah...cancer sucks.

2 comments:

Bearess said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I will add her and the family to my prayer list. God rest his soul. I'm so sorry.

The Bumbles said...

Cancer sadly does not discriminate and we are very sad to hear about your news. We have 3 people very close to us who are fighting that disease right now. We know 2 others who are survivors. 3 were under 35 when diagnosed and 2 in their mid- 60's. We are ardent supporters of The Jimmy Fund - such good work.