Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Weekend

I'm back in Seattle! I thought I'd do a quick "weekend update" post since there was a lot that went on.

On Friday afternoon, I met up with my former English department coworkers. It was really nice to spend a little time with them, getting all the gossip from the school and just overall having a good time. I always considered myself very lucky to actually be good friends with the people that I worked with. After dinner with Mat and Abby, we tried to make it an early night.

On Saturday, I was up a little before 5:00am (which, of course, was 4:00am according to my body clock). We left at 5:30 to head up to the mountains for our snowshoeing event. We had a really good time there, but I'll make that a separate post later, with pictures. On Saturday afternoon, Shawn's former rugby club had a game, so I went to watch that. Unfortunately, Queen City lost to their archrivals, but I still had a fun time hanging out on the sidelines (despite the fact that it was really cold!). A lot of us headed over to Gibby's for food afterwards, so I was able to spend lots of time with our rugby friends. The only thing missing all day was Shawn!

On Sunday, I went to my old church. It was very nice to be in such a familiar setting (I had attended that church for 8 years, and it's where Shawn and I were married), but I was a little bummed that so few of my friends were at that Mass. I hung out with Kate and Matt most of the day, and I even was able to get in a short walk in Elk Meadow (the park where I loved to go walking/hiking when I lived in Evergreen).

On Monday, I went to the high school to hang out again with the teachers during lunch, and then I headed down the hill. After coffee with my mother-in-law, it was time to head to the airport. And that, in a nutshell, was my weekend!

No comments: