Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Instead of blogging, I should probably be packing. Because super early tomorrow morning, Shawn is taking me to the airport, and I'm flying to Denver! I'm really excited about this trip, for lots of reasons! Since we've moved, I've more or less enjoyed being here. Frankly, I'm with Shawn...so it doesn't really matter to me where I live. But I've also enjoyed meeting new people, trying out new restaurants, and exploring a new city. I like our new apartment more than our old one, and I'm even okay with the weather.
But in the almost 5 months that we've lived here, I've really missed simply seeing familiar things. On a clear day (and yes, we do get those sometimes), I can see mountains...but it's the Cascades and the Olympics, not the Rockies. There are lots of trees just outside our apartment windows...but they're not ponderosa pines or aspens. I go watch rugby on lots of Saturdays...but except for Shawn, it's not the guys I've watched for the last four years.

So for tomorrow...I'm excited to get off the plane at DIA, hop into my rental car, and head towards those beautiful Rocky Mountains that I'll be able to see from Pena Blvd.

I'm planning on meeting my mother-in-law for lunch, spending an hour or so with my friend who's putting me up for the next couple nights, and then picking up Sarah to go out to dinner. I'm really excited to see my friends!!

Of course, the main reason for my trip is the Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer. (Click here for my donation page...I had to ask just this one more time!) But I've managed to create a pretty jam-packed schedule for myself over the next few days, going places and seeing people. And in addition to seeing people and places that are familiar to me...I'm also really excited about the fact that I won't have to ask anyone for directions or look at a map! :)
Now I just have to remind myself that this trip is no longer than most of the ones that Shawn made in those 3 years of traveling back and forth between Denver and Seattle, and that although I'll miss him, it's really going to go by quickly. I've already gotten used to seeing him every day, so that's the one thing I'm not looking forward to with this trip. I really wish he were coming with me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Have a great trip.