(This image provided by Samulli.)
It's Thursday! This week's Thursday Thirteen is 13 Places We'd Like to Visit (in no particular order).
1. Ireland: I've been to Ireland twice; once for about a week with my parents, and once for about 7 weeks with a group of teenagers on a missions trip when I was 15. I absolutely love Ireland, and Shawn has never been there! We'd love to go for a couple of weeks, and just wander from town to town, maybe riding bicycles. :)
2. Italy: Again, I've been to Italy 3 times now. Twice for brief visits with my parents, and once for about 10 days with a group from my church. Italy is one of my favorite places, and I'd love to take Shawn there. I love the combination of history, religion, and wonderful food and wine!
3. Scotland: Neither of us have been here, but I from pictures I've seen, it's beautiful!
4. Peru: Shawn would love to go here for the mountains; I'd love to see Machu Picchu!
5. Chile: This is another of Shawn's big desires...to go hiking in the mountains of Chile. I think it looks beautiful, too, and I wouldn't mind doing a little hiking there, too. We've also noticed that we love just about every wine we've ever tried from Chile!
6. Belize: I've wanted to go to Belize ever since I did a project on the country for Spanish class in high school (which is ironic, considering that English is the country's official language, not Spanish). Shawn wouldn't mind a visit to this gorgeous country, either. :)
7. Australia: During college, Shawn took a year off. He bought an open-ended ticket to Australia, and flew there with nothing but $1000 and the name of a rugby team. He stayed a year. I've always wanted to go to Australia, so I'm really hoping he'll take me someday.
8. New Zealand: This is another country that we would both love to see. We're actually kind of hoping to go there for the Rugby World Cup in 2011, but money might prohibit us from going then. But we both think it's a fascinating country!
9. Jamaica: This is where we went for our honeymoon, and we'd both really love to go back. It has gorgeous beaches, but it also has lots of other fun things to do. Ideally, we'd love to be able to afford to stay at the Rockhouse Hotel. We actually called to look into going there for our honeymoon, but it was booked solid for months.
10. Hawaii: Shawn went to Hawaii with Jarid and another friend of theirs a number of years ago, but I've never been. I've heard nothing but good things about the place, so I'd love to go! Shawn has fond memories, too. :)
11. Costa Rica: I'll be honest...I'm not sure why Costa Rica makes our list. In other words, I don't really know much about the country, and neither of us has been there. But we agree that it's a place that makes our list.
12. Argentina: This is another place that Shawn would love to go to for the mountains, and I'd be happy to go with him!
13. Alaska: I think that there are things for both Shawn and me here. We could go hiking together, and if we were to go in June, then Shawn climb bigger mountains while I attend the Midnight Sun Baseball Classic (a game held every year on June 21st, with the first pitch at 10:30pm, using only natural light).