Monday, March 30, 2009

Subbing

So...have I mentioned yet that I'm subbing? My long-term sub job started on March 16th. I'm now working every day, and frankly, I'm kinda tired. I'm teaching 5 sections of Freshmen English every day, and all of the classes are pretty big. The good thing about it is that all 5 classes do the same thing, and the teacher who went on maternity leave had all of the lesson plans done long before she left. So most days, I don't really need to do much in the way of planning (although I have tweaked some of the lessons and changed a few things around here and there). However, I am on my feet most of the day, and I tend to do a lot of talking. Today, I actually lost my voice. Should be interesting tomorrow. :)

Generally speaking, the job is going well. There are a few students who manage to drive me nuts just about every day, but that's pretty typical for 9th graders. But have I mentioned before that I'm really not a morning person? Yeah...I have to get up at 5:00am every day. Not so much fun. Now granted, school is done by 2:00, and I can technically leave for the day by 2:30 (although I almost always stay later than that). But when I get home, I'm usually exhausted. And then I have grading I should do.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, with working full-time during the days and still finding time to do the things I want to in the evenings (like reading, watching TV, hanging out with Shawn, maybe doing a little crocheting). And ideally, I'll manage to get out at least a few blog posts every week, too. :)

No comments: