Friday, March 6, 2009

Livin' the High Life

It's so good to be back in the Mile High City! When I stepped out of the airport yesterday morning, the first thing I realized is that I forgot to bring sunglasses. It's so nice to be somewhere that's bright and sunny!

Yesterday, I was able to go out to brunch with my mother-in-law. Then when she went back to work, I hung out at her apartment. My plan was just to spend some time reading and watching TV, and maybe walk over to Starbucks or Moe's for a bagel. Yeah...that didn't really happen. I ended up crashing on her couch and taking a 3 hour nap. But that's what happens when I get up at 3am and then have to take Dramamine for my flight (which makes me sleepy...even though it's the "non-drowsy" formula).

After dropping off my stuff at Abby's house (and chatting with her for a little while), I picked up Sarah and we went to the Wazee Supper Club for dinner. This is where Shawn and I had our first date, and their pizza is really good. Then Sarah and I walked back over to their favorite bar/restaurant, and that's where Jarid met up with us. We stayed there for a couple hours before parting ways.

Today, I slept in, and now I'm just hanging out at Mat and Abby's for a couple hours. I'll be leaving before too long to head up to Evergreen and meet up with my former coworkers when they get out of school! I really wish that Shawn were here with me, but I'm enjoying myself anyways. :)

No comments: