Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Banana Bread

I realized the other day that I've haven't spent nearly enough time in the kitchen lately. I've gotten lazy, just making the same dinners I've already made before instead of trying new things. I've also done almost no baking since the holidays. Sure, I've made a batch of brownies here and there for book clubs and Shawn's "Friday goodies" assignments at work, but that's about it...and those were from a box.
So last week, I asked Shawn to save me two bananas so that I could make banana bread this week. Sure, I've made it before, but it's honestly been years since I last made it. So last night I pulled out the Kitchenaid stand mixer and went at it.

I forgot how easy it is to make banana bread! I just used the recipe from my "Pillsbury Complete Cook Book" that my parents gave me years ago for Christmas. The bread made the apartment smell really good...and the bread tastes wonderful, too!

Ingredients: 3/4 cup sugar; 1/2 cup butter, softened; 2 eggs; 2 medium mashed ripe bananas; 1/3 cup milk; 1 teaspoon vanilla; 2 cups all-purpose flour; 1/2 cup chopped nuts; 1 teaspoon baking soda; 1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom only of loaf pan. In large bowl, combine sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Add bananas, milk and vanilla; blend well.
2. In small bowl, combine flour, nuts, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add to banana mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into greased pan.
3. Bake at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for posting this receipe. I was going to ask how you made it. Looks good and easy

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm so happy you shared. I love banana bread.

Katie said...

Yum - that looks delish!