Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Boxes and Phone Calls

This morning, a friend of mine brought over boxes...lots of them! He and his wife moved here about a year ago, and they had never gotten rid of all the boxes. So I am now the proud owner of dozens of boxes, including 7 wardrobe boxes!! It's probably a bit pathetic that I'm so excited over having wardrobe boxes. Of course, this now means that I really have no excuse for not packing for our move!

I also spent a lot of time on the phone this afternoon. I called my dad to tell him that C.C. Sabathia took out an ad in today's Cleveland Plain Dealer, thanking Cleveland, the Indians, and the fans for 10 great seasons. I thought that was pretty classy. Our "quick" phone call turned into an hour-long chat. :)

Then I called my friend Jane. I miss Jane. I wish I lived closer to her and her family so that I could see them more often. She's one of my best girlfriends from college, and she's one of the sweetest people I know. She and I don't talk nearly as often as we should, but every time I do talk to her, it feels like we're picking up right where we left off the last time. Although she'll be the first to tell you that she's not perfect, I wouldn't mind being like her when I grow up. Even though she's a month younger than me. :) This is Jane and her godson.

No comments: