Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sights to See!

There are two new things to see in this area these days. The first one, I have to admit, I haven't yet seen. But I want to! On Monday, I stopped by the post office, and I heard that there was a moose in Evergreen Lake that morning! Now, I've seen a moose in Colorado before, but that was in Rocky Mountain National Park, which is A)quite a bit further north and west from here and B)a national park! However, here's a picture of Evergreen's very own moose!

If you click here, you can read the article in this week's Canyon Courier. According to the article, the moose was in Elk Meadow Open Space Park on Sunday morning. That's where I go hiking all the time!! In fact, at 10:45 (the time the moose was spotted), Shawn and I were just about to drive past the park to go to church. Who knew we could've seen a moose?! I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for this guy during my hikes from now on...and I'm taking my camera with me!

The second thing I actually saw tonight with Jarid and Sarah. Have you ever seen a giant creamery can? Well...now you have!

This is Little Man Ice Cream, and the three of us went there for dessert tonight. The ice cream is so good!! Tonight, I had cookies n cream, and I also tried some of Sarah's peanut butter gelato(so good!). If you click here, you can go to the store's website, which explains that they use all natural and organic ingredient whenever possible in the ice cream they make a block away from the shop. The website also has more pictures (including the making of the giant can) and even a video you can watch. If you find yourself in Denver anytime soon, you've got to see this in person! And of course, eat the fabulous ice cream (or sorbet...or gelato).

No comments: