Friday, August 1, 2008

Finally Friday!

It's Friday, and I had a great day doing pretty much nothing. :) Shawn came home late last night, and today he worked from home. I spent the day just hanging out with him, watching TV and that kind of thing.

Last night, I finished reading "World Without End" by Ken Follett. I can't decide if I really, really liked the book or if I really didn't like it. On one hand, there were a few places where I was very aggravated by the plot twists. On the other hand, I think that it's a sign of a well-written book when I care enough about the characters to actually get angry when something happens to them that I don't like. I also felt that the author was not-so-subtly including his own political opinions. Although that's not so surprising, it gets irritating when the issues he's bringing up probably aren't relevant to 14th Century England, which is when the story takes place. But Follett (or someone he paid) did quite a bit of research, so I found it interesting to see the kinds of changes and transitions people of that time may have gone through in the areas of politics, economics, and religion.

Tonight, Shawn and I bought fishing licenses so we can go fishing in the morning! I'm looking forward to going. I haven't been fishing since I was a kid. Hopefully, I'll have some fun pics to post later this weekend!

No comments: