Saturday, July 19, 2008

Moving postponed!

For awhile now, we've been planning on leaving Colorado on July 31st. However, to make a long story short, Shawn is still waiting to get the paperwork finalized for his "new" job in Seattle. We really didn't feel comfortable signing a lease or putting other money down on moving when we don't have some of the specific details figured out with his job (such as his salary!). So I had Shawn call our current landlords, who are the most laid back people ever (we've actually never even signed a lease!). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had forgotten that we were planning on moving. They let Shawn know that they have not re-rented our apartment yet, and we were more than welcome to stay "as long as we want."

So after talking about it and weighing the pros and cons, we've decided to wait until August to move. Although I'll admit that I was really looking forward to ending the commuting lifestyle in two weeks, I think that this was the best decision for us. I know that Shawn will feel better having the job details finalized before we actually start spending the money to move. And this will make our lives a little easier by giving us more time to do what we need to get done around here (like pack!). This also gives us the chance to see our friends a few more times before we leave, and Shawn is hoping it'll give him time to get in a fishing trip and another good hike. This is also going to give me the opportunity to go home and see my family this summer. Since the wedding, I've only gotten home for a quick weekend, and I thought I wasn't going to make it this summer. But I've already bought plane tickets to go home the first week of August.

Of course, once we made our decision, things started moving at Shawn's job. :) He was able to talk to a couple people and get some of the information that he needed. The job has really been created just for him, and it's received approval from the "higher-ups" at the company. He's filled out the paperwork that he needed to do. We're now hoping that everything is going to move more quickly. And our new "official move date" is mid to late August. :) We've agreed that we won't wait until the end of the month if we don't have to. So...we've got at least a couple extra weeks to enjoy our wonderful life in Colorado! :)

No comments: