Friday, August 15, 2008

Crazy Weather!

A couple weeks ago, the Denver area set a new record. We had 23 consecutive days (I think that was the final number) of 90+ degree weather. A number of those days were actually 100+. The last week or two, we've been mainly in the 80s.

However, a front apparently blew through last night. Today is August 15th. According to weather.com, Denver is currently 50 degrees. And the town where we live is currently 44 degrees. Yes, you read that right. Only 12 degrees above freezing! Actually, the mountains above 10000 feet are expected to get snow tonight.

It's also been raining all day today, which is very unusual for Colorado. Normally, if we get rain during the summer, it's just a shower or storm for an hour or two in the afternoon or evening. The rest of the day will be sunny. Today, I feel like I'm already in Seattle. Actually...I think this is supposed to be pretty normal for a winter day in Seattle...highs in the 40s and rain.

I think I'm going to go put on a sweatshirt, make myself a cup of hot chocolate, and wrap up in a blanket to watch the summer Olympics!

No comments: