Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quick Updates

On Sunday afternoon, Shawn came back from his hike, happy as he always is after spending time outdoors. After taking a shower, we snuggled up on the couch to watch TV for a little while. It wasn't long before he admitted to me that he wasn't feeling that great. By the time we were in the car, heading for the airport, he was definitely sick. I knew that for a fact when he insisted he was cold, so he started blasting the heater...to the point that I had to open my window so I wouldn't die from heat exhaustion. Poor guy. :( He didn't work much on Monday, but starting Tuesday, he felt progressively better.

On Tuesday, I also realized something. Shawn, being the wonderful, loving, generous husband that he is, had decided to share his sickness with me. Fortunately for me, I don't think I was hit as hard as he was. The worst was actually last night, when I was running a low fever and was achy. But a couple of Advil did the trick last night, and I feel pretty good today. There are a few lingering symptoms, but nothing major.

In moving news...our moving date has been delayed again. I won't bore you with all the details, but basically, although Shawn is currently working in Washington, he is not yet directly employed by this company. We don't feel comfortable signing a lease until we have some definite things in writing (like a contract), so we contacted our current landlords who don't mind if we pay another month's rent. (Honestly, I don't think they'd notice if we just stayed here indefinitely and never paid anything.) However, since school is starting soon up there, I've applied to start subbing. If I can get on the sub system in a couple weeks, I'll start going to Washington with Shawn, stay in the hotel with him, and sub during the days while he's at work. It's not the most ideal situation, but at least it would solve two things. Number one...we'd be together during the week. And number two...I'd be making some money (which I won't if I stay here through September). I think that about sums up the latest in our moving news!

1 comment:

Bearess said...

I admire your not-crazy-ness right now. I would be decidedly crazy if I were in your shoes!!