Friday, May 2, 2008

Quick note

I am currently doing what I told myself I should never do...blogging from work. But frankly, I shouldn't leave here for another 5-10 minutes, and there's nothing school related that I think I can get finished in that time. So instead of starting something new, I figured I'd do this.

Shawn and I will be in California this weekend. His nephew (and godson) is receiving his 1st Communion on Sunday. We had talked about heading out to visit his brother and family at some point this summer, so when we heard it was 1st Communion time, we figure that was a good "excuse" to go. We'll both be flying in tonight from our separate cities, and then flying back to our separate cities on Sunday. It'll be nice to spend some time with Shawn's family, and I've never been to California, so I'm looking forward to the weekend.

I know that I recently mentioned on here that I get motion-sickness very easily. This morning, as I was getting out of the shower, I decided to be smart and take my Dramamine right then. See, the drug stays in my system for about 24 hours, so I knew if I took the medicine before leaving for the airport, then I'd be groggy and tired (and, frankly, cranky) for most of the day tomorrow. By taking the medicine early, I figured that would alleviate the grogginess tomorrow. Unfortunately, I didn't consider the fact that instead of being tired tomorrow, I've been dealing with Dramamine-induced grogginess and tiredness all day today! It doesn't really help that my students were taking quizzes and having reading time all day today, so my room has been really quiet. I'll admit...I've had a hard time staying awake!

All I need to do now is go home an finish packing, then head to the airport. Once I'm on the plane, I can sleep. At this point, I'm really excited about that! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

aww nuts, guess ya shoulda taken the non-drowsy (though i'm guessing you would want to be conked out on the plane...) i bought dramamine for our cruise and never had to use--i should send mine to you before it expires!!!