Monday, June 16, 2008

Catching up

On Saturday, Shawn and I drove down to Olympia. He played in a 7's rugby tournament with a team from Seattle that he's been practicing with. I'd never watched a 7's game before; it was interesting. Basically, it's the same as a regular rugby match, except that each team only has 7 players (instead of the normal 15). Also, a half is only 7 minutes, so the games move really quickly. I was very proud of my husband...he scored a try in the last game that he played in! He even kicked and made his own conversion (basically a point-after kick, just like in football).
We came home Saturday night, and on Sunday, Shawn did his traditional Father's Day hike. When his dad was alive, the two of them would climb a mountain on Father's Day, so now he is continuing the tradition on his own. This year, he did Gray's Peak, one of the two 14ers I've actually summitted, too. He got a few amazing pictures (including a close up of the friendly mountain goats he came across!), but I can't find the cord that I need to be able to get his pictures off his camera. Hopefully I can post those soon! The picture here is from 14ers.com. Gray's Peak is the one on the left, and Torrey's is the one on the right.
Today, Shawn went back to Seattle and I'm on my own for a few days. Today, I did practically nothing. I slept in really late (after taking Shawn to the airport, I went back to bed). I finished my book. That's about it. :) I need to make myself a to-do list for the rest of the week, because I really do have lots of things to get done in the next few days! I have tickets to the next 3 Rockies games because the Cleveland Indians are in town! I'm excited for Indians baseball! :)

No comments: