Monday, April 7, 2008

Wheee!!!

As of today, Shawn is 30 years, 6 months, and 5 days old. In only 6 months and 20 days, I will also be 30 years old. (For those of you trying to do the math, my birthday is 6 days before his.) However, despite these facts, I am happy to announce that Shawn and I are now the proud owners of.......


A Nintendo Wii!!!

We have jumped on the gaming bandwagon and have bought the "revolutionary" Nintendo Wii. We first began playing it with Jarid and Sarah, who managed to get one before the craze really went into full swing at the Christmas season. Shawn and I decided in February that we were willing to splurge and spend the money to get one; however, at that time, all stores and online retailers were "out of stock" of the gaming console. There were a plethora of systems available at that time on ebay, but we agreed we'd rather wait until they come back in stock in the stores instead of spending well over retail price for what is, frankly, a toy.

This weekend, we fortuitously ran into a friend of mine, who mentioned he had been able to get his hands on a coveted Wii last week. Shawn and I let him know we were jealous. End of conversation...or so I thought. When I left school this afternoon, I had a voicemail from said friend. In a low, almost secretive voice, he left the following message: "Hey, I'm at Wal-Mart. They have Wii's in stock. I think there are only two. Hurry."

I'll admit...I rushed right over. Success!!! Now I just need to figure out how to set the darn thing up, and then I'll have 4 extra days to practice before Shawn comes home and I challenge him to a game of Wii Bowling. Or maybe Baseball. Or tennis! The possibilities are endless!

We're also hoping that this will give us an excuse to have people over more often. We can invite them over to play the Wii! Goodness knows I shouldn't invite them over for dinner! (For proof of that, see yesterday's blog post.)

1 comment:

Bearess said...

Oh boy! How is your downstairs neighbor going to feel about this development??? (I'm not saying we should care, but it should be worth a giggle!)