Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A little more adult

So I've already admitted that Shawn and I spent quite a bit of time this weekend playing the Wii. We even had Shawn's mom try it on Sunday night when she came over for dinner! She agrees it's fun, though, and also thinks we should take the Raving Rabbids game with us when we go to Oakland in a few weeks. Once Shawn's mom left Sunday night, other friends came over to play for a little while, too.

However, despite our hours of immature fun, Shawn and I were able to be a little more "adult" on Sunday. Of course, this also meant that we spent a good chunk of change on Sunday, too. After going to Mass, our first stop of the day was Men's Wearhouse. Shawn has a job interview on Friday, so we agreed that buying a good suit was in order. After choosing a beautiful Calvin Klein dark blue suit (almost charcoal, really) with a light "pinstripe," and after getting it tailored, and after buying a new shirt and tie...we only spent about twice what we had expected to spend. :) But dang, he's going to look good!! I think I'm going to have to come up with more excuses for him to wear it.

We then also went to Crate and Barrel and bought the one thing off our wedding registry that I had been really excited about but didn't receive. This is the "Alto Wine Table." They actually had one in stock, so we were able to take it home right away. It took Shawn about 15 minutes to put it together while I finished cleaning up the living room before his mom came. I can't seem to get the picture to post correctly, but you can see the table by clicking here: http://tinyurl.com/6jckgn

I think it just makes sense, then, after our expensive "adult" afternoon on Sunday, that we went back to playing the Wii after dinner.

No comments: