Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Can Cook!

For some reason today, right before I left school, I decided that I was craving meat. (That's not that weird, is it?) So I decided that I would stop at the grocery store on my way home, and I'd actually COOK dinner tonight! Since this is a very rare occurrence, I thought I should document it.

I made breaded boneless pork chops, which I absolutely love! I basically use a recipe out of the Pillsbury "Complete Cookbook." I've actually made it often enough that I don't really follow the recipe anymore, though...I just "eyeball" the ingredients.

I know this isn't a cooking blog, but in case someone's interested, here's the easiest pork chop recipe ever:
1. In small bowl, combine flour (1/2 c?), 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and seasoned salt (actually calls for paprika...). In another small bowl, combine 1 egg and 1 to 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce. In a third bowl, put about 1/2 c unseasoned dry bread crumbs.
2. Coat a boneless pork chop with the flour mixture, then dip it in the egg mixture. Finally, coat it with the bread crumbs.
3. Place chops in ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.



Here's the final result from today! (Oh, okay...I'll admit that I slightly over-steamed the broccoli, but it still tasted good.)

No comments: