Monday, January 12, 2009

Updates

Oops. I was on a roll with the blogging in January, and then I got stuck. Sorry about that. Nothing super exciting has been going on around here the last few days, but I'll give you an update.

On Friday, Shawn and I watched the series finale of Stargate Atlantis. If you aren't already aware, Shawn is a big SciFi fan. He's really excited for the new StarTrek movie coming out later this year, and he was bummed to learn that this Stargate series is over. But never fear...Stargate Universe will be coming out this summer! And this Friday starts new episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Just in case you were concerned. :) But I'll admit...I was enjoying Stargate Atlantis. I'd watched enough of it to know what was going on, and the writers of this show weren't afraid to make fun of themselves. (One of the main characters mentioned more than once during the show that he's not a fan of SciFi.) Shawn has decided recently that I'm a closet SciFi fan, citing my love of Lord of the Rings, LOST, and Twilight as evidence. I refuse to agree with him. I'm not a dork...really.

On Saturday, Shawn was at a rugby training for most of the day, so I used the time to get a lot of reading done. That night, we went out for dinner. If you don't have a Boston's restaurant near you, you're missing out. I've been craving their chicken parmesan pizza for weeks, so I didn't even need to look at the menu. It was super yummy!

On Sunday, after going to church, we headed downtown. For Shawn's birthday, his brother bought him a "family" membership to the Seattle Aquarium. If you're having trouble thinking of a gift for someone...what a great idea! The family membership means that we both get into the Aquarium for free (and I think 2 kids could get in, too) as many times as we want for a year. I've already been there a few times over the last few years, but I've enjoyed it every time. Yesterday, my favorite part was the mammals. One of the Northern Fur Seals was showing off for everyone, and both of the Harbor Seals were posing for all the aquarium guests. Seriously, these two little guys were coming to the top of the water and just poking their heads out, staring at everybody. Since the seals are pretty much vertical while they do this, I pointed out to Shawn that their fat little bodies look like Russian nesting dolls. :) We forgot our camera, but this is basically what they looked like (but their water was more still, so you could see their entire body more easily):
And that was pretty much our weekend!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love seals. I love aquariums.