Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

My friend Emily often does a "Thursday 13" blog post. I thought it was a great idea today, and when I took the time to do a little googling, I discovered the "official" Thursday Thirteen blog! So today, I'm giving it a try.

13 Things I Really Need To Do:
  1. Take down our Christmas decorations. (Yes, I'm blushing.)
  2. Register for and take the "content area test" that the state of Washington requires for me to be allowed to teach here after this school year.
  3. Request a copy of my Praxis test scores from college...so that I don't have to take these tests again (for my WA certification).
  4. Finish the laundry.
  5. Work on my crocheted blanket.
  6. READ! I have 300 pages left in The Stand, and I just picked up 4 books from the library yesterday. I think I have another one that needs to be picked up today or tomorrow. (I requested these books at random times over the last few months...they all came in at the same time.)
  7. Organize/clean the second bedroom.
  8. Get outside and take a walk.
  9. Put the license plates on my car. (They've been in my car for almost two months now.)
  10. Balance the checkbook.
  11. Call a few friends I haven't talked to in awhile.
  12. Finish making arrangements for my trip to Colorado for the Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer.
  13. Organize our papers and files.

8 comments:

Janet said...

Stephen King's The Stand? LOVE that book! Is this your first time reading it? What do you think?

The Paperback Diva said...

Or you could go watch a reality show on television. Okay, I probably told you more about myself than I should have. :D
My 13 http://www.pbdiva.wordpress.com

Carrie said...

Janet,
Yep, this is my first time reading The Stand. I'm really enjoying it! I've always avoided all Stephen King because I freak myself out really easily, but I'm glad I decided to try this one!

janetfaye said...

Reading books that I have started is tops on my list to do and finish.

I also started to read The Stand.

Anonymous said...

It's a good 15 years since I read The Stand. Your mention of it makes me think I should read it again.

Mia Celeste said...

Oh, yeah. There are always things you have to do. This is a great idea for a Thursday Thirteen.

Anonymous said...

The Stand was my SK fav until It, then It was my fav til the Dark Tower series. Happy TT! Up with WoW in Thornesworld

Emily Ann said...

Thanks for finding that site! I had the original one bookmarked, but then it disappeared and I haven't done a search for it since.