I've seen this particular award done a couple different ways, but I'll stick to what Jennifer had on her blog (besides, it's easier than the other ways I've seen!). I simply name 6 things that make me happy, and then I tag 6 other bloggers to give the award to. So...here we go!
6 Things That Make Me Happy
- My wonderful husband, Shawn. I feel like I should be allowed to list 6 reasons that Shawn makes me happy, but for now, I'll just stick with making him the first one on my list.
- Our apartment. Shawn and I agree...we feel so grown up now, living here! It's definitely an adult's apartment, not just some random college guy's or single girl's place.
- My family. In the same way that I'm only putting Shawn down as a single "thing" that makes me happy, I'm putting my entire family as one "thing." My parents are wonderful people who I wish I could see more often. My niece is the most adorable thing ever. My brother's a pretty cool guy, and he's getting married soon to a girl who I've been told is pretty darn cool, too.
- My in-laws. Yep, I'm totally serious about this one. I know that a lot of people joke about not liking their mother-in-law, but mine is wonderful. And Shawn's brother and sister-in-law are really great people, too, with two fun and adorable little boys.
- Books. As a kid, I loved to read (enough that I majored in English Lit). But for a long time, it seemed like I couldn't find the time to read. This year, I made a "resolution" to read more...and I'm currently on Book #39 for 2008!
- Nature. I've never been a super outdoorsy person, so this is definitely one thing that I need to thank Shawn for. I'm not as into it as he is, but I really do enjoy getting out into nature and seeing the beauty of God's earth.
So, now I need to tag 6 other bloggers to receive the Kreativ Blogger award! Some of these people may have received this before, but here's who I'm choosing: