Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What calms YOU down?

The other day, Shawn and I drove through a neighborhood fairly close to here, and I laughed out loud when I saw this sign:
"Traffic calming devices ahead." Hmmm...what could this mean? Shawn and I started brainstorming. What devices could possibly be used to calm the traffic? Zen-like meditation for cars? Yoga classes? Maybe the neighborhood pipes in Gregorian chant and plays it through loudspeakers set up next to the road. Aren't crystals supposed to give off a calming energy? Maybe these have been set up along the road. What do you think?

Frankly, we didn't see anything particularly "calming" in this neighborhood except some old trees which were kinda pretty. The road itself was kind of annoying with a bunch of speed bumps.

1 comment:

Katie said...

lol...WA does have some great signs!

Sadly, I think "traffic calming devices" is just a fancy way to say "speed bumps". Personally, I like your yoga idea better :-)