Friday, July 3, 2009

Still Alive!

So...I got a little busy over the last week or so. Since I last posted, I flew to St. Louis, hung out with my college girlfriends, attended the wedding of one of said girlfriends, flew to Denver, and have been doing lots of fun stuff with friends and family. I'll try to explain more details in posts over the next few days, when I have a chance to add some pictures.

Today, Shawn and I went out to lunch with our friends Mat and Abby. Mat was one of the groomsmen in our wedding, and he and Shawn have played rugby together for years. Mat and Abby are the same couple that I did the Stomp to Romp Out Breast Cancer with back in March.

They suggested a restaurant that's relatively new to Denver, called D Bar Desserts. Here's the link to the restaurant's website. You should definitely take the time to look around the website, looking at all the yummy food! It's actually primarily a dessert and wine bar, but obviously, they do also serve lunch and dinner. For my lunch today, I had baked mac n cheese. I normally don't like homemade macaroni and cheese, but this was wonderful!! I didn't take this picture (I found it at milehigheater.com), but this is what I had:

For dessert, Shawn and I split the "Cake and Shake." It's a big piece of triple layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing, and a mini milkshake (we chose chocolate...should've gone with vanilla). It was awesome! Again, we didn't take this picture...I found it on flickr.

Everything that we had today was so good! And it should be, considering that the restaurant is owned by none other than Keegan Gerhard, of the Food Network! He was actually there today, baking and running the restaurant. He actually brought out Mat and Abby's food for them. It was a little surreal seeing a chef from TV working in the restaurant where we were eating. If you're not familiar with him, you can find his bio on the restaurant's website. And this is what he looks like. :)

No comments: