Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend Update

This was a very lazy weekend for the Shannons. On Friday, I met up with a couple friends at Ivar's for a couple hours. The salmon cakes were really good. :) After coming home, we made dinner (Shawn grilled the chicken while I made the potatoes and veggies), and then we pretty much hung out on the couch and watched TV. Shawn's a big fan of Battlestar Galactica, so that was the main event for the night.

On Saturday, Shawn had rugby practice. We thought it was just going to be a morning practice, but it turns out that the coaches decided that the guys should have a three and a half hour practice followed by a game against the guys from University of Washington. I think it was really an effort at team bonding and recruiting (getting the guys from UW to be interested in coming to play with the Seattle team after they graduate college), which was fine. I just wasn't expecting Shawn to be gone until 4:45! While he was gone, though, I managed to finish reading The Stand, and I started reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. I also took a walk around the lake, did a little cleaning...that kind of thing. Then we went out to dinner last night (for Boston's pizza...very yummy!) and we got a really stupid movie from the Red Box at the grocery store. While "watching" the movie, I also beat Shawn twice at Carcassonne. :)

Today, we slept in and then went to church. We finally finished taking down our Christmas decorations this afternoon! Then we more or less watched the Super Bowl and ate a bunch of junk food. :) I also registered to take both of the tests that I need to pass in order to finish getting my WA teaching certification, so I was at least able to get through quite a few things from Thursday's To-Do List. So it was a pretty relaxing weekend, and yet we were able to get some things accomplished.

No comments: