Thursday, February 19, 2009

Plum Lucky

Plum Lucky, by Janet Evanovich, 2007 (166 pp.)


This is another one of the completely random books that I picked up at the library the other day. I've heard lots of good things about Janet Evanovich's books, and specifically I've heard good things about the Stephanie Plum books. Because this is a "Between-the-Numbers" novel, I figured it's not technically part of the "Numbers" series, so I thought it would be okay to read it.

It was okay. It was mildly entertaining for the two hours it took me to read the entire thing. Frankly, I thought the majority of the plot was entirely ridiculous, but whatever...I was looking for a book that wouldn't require heavy thinking, and this certainly fit the bill. There was basically no character development, but I'm willing to assume that the author is assuming the reader has read the other Stephanie Plum books and therefore already knows all the characters.

So...this isn't a book I'd recommend unless you've read the other Stephanie Plum books. I am planning on reading One For the Money one of these days, so it's not like this book has turned me off from Evanovich altogether.
**********************************************
Total number of books read in 2009: 9
Total number of pages read in 2009: 4040

No comments: