Friday, September 4, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake

Let Them Eat Cake by Sandra Byrd, 2007 (310 pages)

This was a cute book. I picked it up at the library because I wanted something light to read on the beach, and this was a good pick for that.

This is the story of Lexi, a girl who has somewhat recently graduated from college and is trying to find her place in the world. I'd be willing to bet that most of us can relate to at least some element of what she's going through....trying to find a job that she enjoys and that doesn't make her choice of major seem like a waste, trying to find a place to live that she can afford on a meager income, trying to find a guy, trying to figure out how to relate to her parents now that she's an adult.

It is Christian fiction, which I could tell by reading the back of the book. There were times when I felt like it was "hit-you-over-the-head Christian," but most of the time it wasn't too bad...just a bit cheesy in parts. But the Christian messages in the book are good...focus on finding God and other things will fall into place. Not every church is perfect for every person, but that's okay. Trust that God has a plan for your life...even if you have no clue what that plan is.

If nothing else, this book reminded me of all the things I have in my life that God has blessed me with and that I'm so grateful for! I've definitely not always understood God's timing, but Shawn and I agree that in our lives, God's timing has always been best. :)
*************************************************************
Total number of books read in 2009: 34
Total number of pages read in 2009: 12367

No comments: