Saturday, October 4, 2008

Here's the Plan

As I'm writing this, it's late on Saturday night. Early tomorrow morning, I'm heading to the airport to pick up Shawn. We'll be spending Sunday doing lots of last minute moving preparation. We need to empty the storage unit (not much left...just the few things I couldn't manage by myself, like a baker's rack). Someone is coming to pick up the moving boxes we don't need. We need to pack the things that will be transported via my car. And we need to empty the fish tank entirely. Oh...our plan for moving the fish? I went to Walmart today and bought a 10-gallon tank. It's too small for the number of fish that we have, but we think it's our best chance at keeping the fish alive during the move, and it'll fit in my car. We also plan on hanging out with Jarid on Sunday night one last time.

On Monday morning, people from the moving company will be here between 8 and 10am. Their job on Monday is to finish packing all of our stuff! One of us needs to be in the apartment at all times, but all we really do is watch them do their job. (I have a feeling that's going to feel a bit odd.) Monday night, I'll take Shawn back to the airport for one last flight to Seattle, and then I'm spending the night with Kate and Matt.
On Tuesday, the movers will be here to put all of our things onto the truck! As soon as they're done, they're heading out. I, on the other hand, will stay one more night with Kate. On Wednesday morning, I'll finish loading up my car, and then I start the solo drive to Seattle! It's a 20-hour drive, so I plan on taking two days. On the first day, I'll go to either Salt Lake City or Boise and stay the night in a hotel (I haven't decided yet how far to go). I do have an old college friend in Salt Lake City, so hopefully I can take a little time to catch up with her on my way through! On the second day, I'll go the rest of the way to Seattle.
Although we can get into our new apartment as early as Tuesday (the 7th), the movers won't have our things there any earlier than the 13th (and possibly as late as the 15th). So Shawn and I (and the fish) will be spending a few more days in a hotel. But that's okay. I don't mind having maid service and free breakfast every morning!

I'll try to take pictures of the entire process, and I'll definitely report on the move, but since our computer will be packed on Monday, I'm not sure what kind of an opportunity I'll have to blog next week. I'll do my best, though. Wish us luck this week!!!

2 comments:

KellieBelle said...

Sounds like a GREAT plan!! Good Luck with everything!! I can't wait to see the pictures of the move and new apartment!! YAY!

Bearess said...

Safe travels! I'll be praying for you!