Today, our realtor sent us some more listings, and while we we knew that we still had our offer out there on the second house, we decided to start looking at some other places. Given the fact that this other house is also bank-owned, and given the fact that we knew that there were at least seven other offers submitted besides ours, we weren't going to hold our breath waiting for this one, either. I was intrigued by a couple of the listings that our realtor had sent, and I had sent her a couple questions.
This afternoon, while Shawn was getting ready to go out for a quick bike ride, our realtor called me. She let me know that she had been in the process of responding to my emailed questions when she got a call from the bank. Our second offer was accepted!!
Shawn and I really weren't expecting to hear anything back this quickly from the bank. They were only accepting offers until Tuesday morning, so we figured it would be at least a few days before we heard anything. But they chose our offer!
Obviously, we're not totally in the clear yet. We have some paperwork to sign, and then we'll need to get an inspection and an appraisal. Assuming everything goes well, and assuming there are no problems with financing or anything, we're scheduled to close on September 15th!
Here's our new house!