Wednesday, August 5, 2009

House Buying Update!

So...shortly after I wrote the post yesterday, Shawn and I talked it over and decided not to put another offer on that first house. Basically, we knew that we'd have to up our offer price by a pretty decent chunk of money, and with the amount of work that the house would definitely need (even before we moved in), we decided that we just weren't comfortable with it anymore. So we let our realtor know that we were going to pass this time around. (We'll admit...we were kind of hoping that the bank would've annoyed everybody with this little "relist" stunt and they'd come crawling back to us, begging us to take the house for our original offer. Haha!) :-)

Today, our realtor sent us some more listings, and while we we knew that we still had our offer out there on the second house, we decided to start looking at some other places. Given the fact that this other house is also bank-owned, and given the fact that we knew that there were at least seven other offers submitted besides ours, we weren't going to hold our breath waiting for this one, either. I was intrigued by a couple of the listings that our realtor had sent, and I had sent her a couple questions.

This afternoon, while Shawn was getting ready to go out for a quick bike ride, our realtor called me. She let me know that she had been in the process of responding to my emailed questions when she got a call from the bank. Our second offer was accepted!!

Shawn and I really weren't expecting to hear anything back this quickly from the bank. They were only accepting offers until Tuesday morning, so we figured it would be at least a few days before we heard anything. But they chose our offer!

Obviously, we're not totally in the clear yet. We have some paperwork to sign, and then we'll need to get an inspection and an appraisal. Assuming everything goes well, and assuming there are no problems with financing or anything, we're scheduled to close on September 15th!

Here's our new house!

8 comments:

Emily Ann said...

Oh Carrie, I love it! I can't wait to see the inside.

Heather said...

That is great. It is a cute house. Like Emily said I can't wait for inside pictures.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love it! It's so cute! YAY YAY YAY!

Bearess said...

WOW!!! I'm so excited for you guys! It's a beautiful house!

carrie @ brick city love said...

WHEE!!! How exciting. That's so awesome. Hope everything is smooth sailing from here.

MyRunningJourney said...

What a neat house! Can't wait to see the inside! Congratulations!

KellieBelle said...

OMG, I LOVE IT!! Seriously, SO JEALOUS of it, looks like it's in great shape. Are you freaking out?! I totally freaked when I found out our offer was accepted and couldn't sleep!

Stephanie said...

howwww cute!! love it!