Thursday, June 11, 2009

One More Day!

Tomorrow is my last day at my long-term sub job!! I'm so excited for summer to "officially" start! I've been really busy this week, trying to get all my grading done. The kids still have school all next week, but I'm basically giving them their final grades. The "real" teacher isn't going to accept any late assignments (if I assigned it, she's not grading it), so I need to finish all my grading before I'm done. I've finally finished grading all the tests that they took on Tuesday, and I still need to record them. Then I've got one more assignment to grade, plus all the late work that students turned in over the last week or so. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get it all graded and entered on the computerized gradebook before 2:30 tomorrow...otherwise I'll be working for free!

Over the last week or two, I've been busy trying to make lots of travel plans! At this time next week, Shawn and I will be in North Carolina. My brother is getting married there next weekend! We'll be down there for a few days, and we've been trying to figure out the details about who needs to be where when. We've gotten hotel rooms in two different cities, a rental car, airline tickets, and plans for a bachelorette party, bachelor party (sort of), hanging out on the beach, a rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, baby-sitting, decorating for the reception, chauffering the bride and groom...and oh yeah, attending the wedding and reception!

And that's just the beginning. North Carolina is just the first 4 or 5 days of a two and a half week trip for me! I'll have to explain the rest of the trip later. :)

No comments: