Friday, June 12, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

Okay, I realize that I still have said almost nothing about our Memorial Day weekend trip down to the Oregon Coast. I keep thinking that I don't want to blog about it until I have pictures to post. And every time I think to do it, Shawn has the camera. So tonight, I finally remembered to take out the camera!

Before we ever went down to Oregon, I read in multiple places that kite flying is a popular activity in Seaside and Cannon Beach. So on Sunday afternoon, we bought ourselves a kite! There were a couple fun little kite shops in Cannon Beach, so we actually splurged and bought ourselves a pretty nice kite. No grocery store plastic kite for us! This is what we got:
Shawn also wanted to get longer string, so we actually bought a spool with 500 feet! It was super windy on the beach the entire weekend, so Shawn had no problem getting the kite off the ground by himself. And once it was up, I'm pretty sure that our kite was by far flying higher than any other kite on the beach!I took a turn with the kite, too. I think it'll be really fun to take the kite over to Gas Works park one of these days. There's also a kite flying hill at Magnuson Park, where most of Shawn's rugby games will be played now (the rugby pitch is brand new).The entire time we were flying the kite, I had that song from Mary Poppins stuck in my head. It was a little annoying since I really only know one or two lines from the song. :) But so that it can get stuck in your head...here you go!

No comments: