Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Felt Naked

I had the day off from work on Monday, so I decided to do a little shopping.  While I was out, I realized I should take in my rings to be cleaned, inspected, and rhodium plated.  (Rhodium is what keeps white gold looking silver instead of yellow...without getting this plating done from time to time, my rings would eventually look like yellow gold.)  Unfortunately, the plating takes some time, and I was apparently not the only one who thought she'd do this on a Federal holiday, so I had to leave my rings there overnight.

I felt naked.  I kept trying to play with my rings, and I would have a little shot of panic when I first felt that the rings were missing...and then I'd remember why and go about my business.  But Monday night and all day yesterday, it was driving me nuts.

Shawn picked the rings up for me last night between work and rugby practice, so I didn't actually get them back until about 10:00 last night.
Ahhh...much better!  I had missed them.  And now, aren't they super shiny and pretty?!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What a beautiful set! So sparkley! We were so good about going in for my ring the first few years...then we just kind of forgot! Now I need to have the prongs tightened, and I am avoiding doing it...you inspire me to just take it in!! :)