Okay...so here's a brief, two week recap, as best as I can remember it.
- I held a Super Bowl party! Unfortunately, Shawn was out of town that day (I'll explain that in a minute...), and he took the camera with him, so the only pictures I have access to are what friends posted on Facebook. We had a great time, though! A couple friends came over early to help wear out the puppy before the game started. But he actually stayed out for pretty much the entire first quarter, and he did really good with all the new people! Those same couple friends stayed late and played MarioKart with me until Shawn came home.
- The day before the Super Bowl, I helped our friends Emil and Kristin pack all their things because they moved to Detroit. I was very sad to see them go, and I already miss them. They were some of the first people we became friends with here!
- Satchel is growing like a weed! We think he's gained about 4 more pounds since we had him at the vet a couple weeks ago for his shots...based on our super-accurate weighing method of holding him while we stand on the scale, we think he's about 20 pounds now.
- He's doing a good job at his PetSmart puppy training class. He is always super excited to play with the other puppies in the class...and he's learning some things, too. :-) We're still working on most of the commands, but he has "sit" pretty good. I somehow managed to teach him "come" one night while Shawn was at rugby practice, and we're currently working on "lay down," "leave it," and "fetch."
- Shawn is technically in pre-season right now, but he's been training hard, hoping for the opportunity to play Super League.
- On Super Bowl Sunday, Shawn got to fly down to Santa Monica, California, to play with the Super League team! And his team won, 28-8! He had a great day, despite the fact that he missed out on my awesome Super Bowl party. :-)
- The season should be getting into full swing within the next few weeks, so hopefully we'll have some good weather on Saturdays coming up!
- Shawn has been super busy at work. He's actually been working 6 days a week for the last few weeks, which stinks for both of us. But I'm proud of him for working so hard!
- My job is going pretty well. My course load has lightened recently because I'm starting to mentor some new teachers. I'm enjoying that aspect of the job!